1. Name and contact details of the controller as well as operational data protection officer
This data privacy statement shall apply to data processing activities by the following controller:
Data Artisans GmbH (hereinafter referred to as Ververica) Stresemannstrasse 121a, 10963 Berlin,
The operational data protection officer can be reached as via the address mentioned above c/o Kai Gerecke, respectively via email: dataprotection@Ververica.com
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of their processing
a. When visiting the website
When calling our website https://flink-forward.org/ and all its sub-domains, the browser used on your end device will automatically send information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without any action on your end and stored until automated erasure after 6 months:
- internet protocol address of the requesting computer
- date and time of the access
- name and URL of the file retrieved
- website from which the access takes place (referrer URL)
- browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider
The data mentioned are processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring smooth establishment of the website’s connection
- ensuring comfortable use of our website
- evaluation of system safety and stability, as well as
- other administrative purposes
The legal basis for data processing activities shall be Article 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR. Our legitimate interests follow from the purposes listed above for data collection. In no case shall we use any collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
b. Subscribing to our Newsletter
If you have explicitly consented pursuant to Article 6(1)(1)(a) GDPR, we will use your email address to send you our newsletter at regular intervals. Indicating an email address will be sufficient to receive the newsletter.
If you acquire any goods or services on our internet website and provide your email address for this, such address may be used by us for sending out a newsletter subsequently. In this case, the newsletter is only used to send out direct marketing for own similar goods or services. The legal basis for sending out the newsletter due to sale of goods or services shall be § 7 para. 3 of the Gesetz gegen den unlauteren Wettbewerb (the Act Against Unfair Competition) in conjunction with Article 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR in such a case.
Unsubscription is possible at any time, independently of whether the newsletter was sent based on consent or statutory permission, e.g. using a link at the end of each newsletter. As an alternative, you may also send your unsubscription request to us at any time by email to:email@example.com. The only costs resulting from this are the transfer costs according to the basic rates.
The personal data required for sending out the newsletter shall be erased as soon as they are no longer required for achieving the purpose of their collection and as far as no other legal authorisation basis applies for further processing. Your email address shall only therefore be stored for sending out the newsletter until you revoke your consent or until you object to submission of the newsletter.
c. When using our contact form and email contact
If there are any questions, we offer the option of contacting us using a form provided on the website. A valid email address must be indicated there, so that we will know where the query comes from and to answer such. Further information can be provided freely.
Alternatively, contact via the provided email address is possible. In such a case, your personal data transmitted in the email will be stored.
Data processing activities for the purpose of contacting is according to Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. If the contact is targeted at conclusion of a contract, Article 6(1)(b) GDPR shall be an additional legal basis for processing.
As far as no other legal basis is applicable as in regard to any further processing of your personal data, the personal data collected by us shall be erased after completion of the request submitted by you.
d. Downloading of gated material
We provide free download files on our website, such as whitepapers, software trial versions and other marketing material. As part of the download, we ask for personal data such as name, first name, organization and email address. The legal basis for data processing is Article 6(1)(1)(b) GDPR. Your data will be automatically deleted upon termination of the customer relationship, unless another legal basis for any further processing of such data is applicable.
3. Passing on data
We shall only pass on your personal data to third parties (recipients) if we are entitled to do so under the provisions of data protection law. Below we inform you about the circumstances in which this may be the case: We can pass on your personal data to third parties (recipients), if:
- you have explicitly given consent to such for one or more specific purposes (Article 6(1)(1)(a) GDPR);
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (Article 6(1)(1)(b) GDPR);
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the we are subject (Article 6(1)(1)(c) GDPR);
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data (Article 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR).
- we work together with a third party as data processor in accordance with Article 28 GDPR.
The cookie is used to store information that results from the respective context of the specifically used end device. However, this shall not mean that we directly gain knowledge of your identity this way.
Furthermore, we also use temporary cookies to optimise user friendliness, which are stored on your end device for a certain specified period. When you visit our website again in order to use our services, it will be automatically recognised that you have visited us before and which input and settings you have made so that you will not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies are required for the purpose of maintaining our legitimate interests and those of third parties according to Article 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You may, however, configure your browser so that no cookies will be stored on your computer or that you will always be informed before a new cookie is set up. Complete deactivation of cookies may, however, render you unable to use all functions of our website.
5. Analysis tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are performed based on Article 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure demand-oriented design and continuous optimisation of our website. On the other hand, we use tracking measures in order to statistically record use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our offer to you. These interests are to be viewed as justified within the meaning of the above rule.
The respective purposes of the data processing activities and data categories can be taken from the corresponding tracking tool in this section.
a. Google Analytics
For the purpose of demand-oriented design and continuous optimisation of our websites, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter: “Google”). In this context, pseudonymised user profiles are compiled and cookies are used (see section 4). The information generated by the cookie regarding your use of this website, such as
- browser type/version,
- operating system used,
- referrer URL (the website visited before),
- host name of the accessing computer (internet protocol address),
- time of the server query,
are transferred to servers of Google in the USA and stored there within the context of the agreement on contract data processing that we have entered into with Google. The information is used in order to evaluate use of the website in order to compile reports on the website activities and in order to provide further services connected to use of the website and use of the internet for the purpose of market research and demand-oriented design of these internet websites. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or as far as third parties process these personal data based on a contract. In no case will your internet protocol address be combined with any other data of Google. The internet protocol addresses are rendered anonymous so that they cannot be assigned (IP masking). Sessions and campaigns shall be ended after the end of a specific period of time. By default, sessions shall be ended after 30 minutes without any activity, and campaigns after six months. The time limit for campaigns may be up to two years.
You may prevent installation of the cookies by making the corresponding settings in your browser software; however, note that you may be unable to fully use all functions of the website in such a case.
You may furthermore prevent recording of the data generated by the cookie and referring to your use of the website (including your internet protocol address) and processing of these personal data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
For more information on data protection related to Google Analytics, see the Google Analytics Help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
b. Pardot / Salesforce
Our website uses Pardot Services, an analysis tool from salesforce.com Inc., The Landmark, 1 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA. Pardot Services sets a maximum of two cookies. These are text files that are stored on your computer and allow an analysis of the use of the website. The cookies set are a “Visitor Cookie” and a “Pardot App Session Cookie”. Via the “visitor cookie” an identification number is generated, by means of which the browser of the website visitor is recognized. The identification number is a generated number code that has no meaning outside of Pardot Services. The “Pardot App Session Cookie” is only set when a customer logs in as a user in the Pardot app. All cookies receive only the generated number code. We also use Pardot when registering for our e-mail service. Emails sent via Pardot use tracking technologies. We use this data to find out which topics are of interest to you by tracking whether our emails are opened and which links you click. We then use this information to improve the emails we send to you and the services we provide.
We store and process the collected data as part of data processing at our data processor Salesforce. Salesforce stores personal information primarily in the United States.
If you want to prevent the tracking by Pardot, you can adjust your browser settings, or by an appropriate extension of your browser. However, this may result in some limitations in the features and usability of our offering.
6. Social media
7. Rights of the data subject
You have the right:
- to demand information in accordance with Article 15 GDPR regarding the processing of your personal data by us. In particular, you may request information on the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipient to whom your data have been or are disclosed, the envisaged storage period, the existence of the right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the right to lodge a complaint, the source of your data to the extent that these were not collected at our site, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and any meaningful information on its details;
- in accordance with Article 16 GDPR, obtain the rectification of any inaccurate personal data stored by us or completion of such data without undue delay;
- in accordance with Article 17 GDPR, obtain the erasure of your personal data stored by us, to the extent that processing is not required for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- in accordance with Article 18 GDPR, obtain the restriction of processing of your personal data, to the extent that the accuracy of the data is contested by you, processing is unlawful, but you oppose erasure and we no longer need the personal data, but you still require them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Article 20 GDPR, demand to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to demand transmission to another controller;
- in accordance with Article 7(3) GDPR, to withdraw your consent once given to us towards us at any time. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing activities that were based on this consent in future and
- in accordance with Article 77 GDPR, lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Usually, you may contact the supervisory authority at your habitual residence or place of work or our registered office for this.
8. Right to object
As far as your personal data are processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data in accordance with Article 21 GDPR, to the extent that there are grounds relating to your particular situation or the objection is targeted against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object that will be implemented by us without any indication of a particular situation.
If you want to exercise your withdrawal right or right to object, simply send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Further information
In accordance with Art. 13 para. 2 lit. e GDPR we would like to inform you about the following:
The provision of personal data is neither a statutory nor contractual requirement, nor a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are not obliged to provide the personal data. There are no consequences resulting from failure to provide such data.
In accordance with Art. 13 para. 2 lit. f GDPR we would like to inform you about the following:
We do not process your personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making.
In accordance with Art. 13 para. 1 lit. f GDPR we would like to inform you that we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or an international organization. Under some circumstances, we transfer data to the USA to our data processor Salesforce. Salesforce’s Notice of Certification Under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework can be found on: https://www.salesforce.com/content/dam/web/en_us/www/documents/legal/Privacy/privacy-shield-notice.pdf
10. Data security
Within the website visit, we use the common SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in conjunction with the respective highest encryption level your browser supports. This usually is 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether an individual website of our internet offer is transmitted encrypted or not is evident by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
Apart from this, we use appropriate technical and organisational security measures in order to protect your data from accidental or wilful manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures will be improved continually according to the technological developments.
11. Topicality and changes of this data privacy statement
This data privacy statement is currently valid as of 24 May 2018.
Further development of our website and offers through it or changed statutory or authority specifications may require changes to this data privacy statement. You may call and print the respective current data privacy statement at any time on the website at https://flink-forward.org/privacy-policy/.